Thursday, January 17, 2008

hammer down

it's just like me to write about a broken thumb then smash my own thumb with a hammer 2 days later.
i did. not hard enough to go all purple and have the nail fall off. just hard enough to remind me every time i use my hand.

i dreamed of my father and my sister last night. i woke with the feeling that it will be ok, whatever it is i decide to do. a very comforting feeling, especially because there is nothing i particularly want to do. now i guess it doesn't matter.

s noticed that outside of a low-rent, halfway house looking building there is a sign that says "fallout shelter". this is a large building, probably a couple hundred rooms filled with alcoholic born again native americans, mentally unstable grandparents and bi-polar methadoners. we got to thinking about the survivors of nuclear holocaust across this great country of ours, rebuilding on the backs and DNA of our hidden population of half-wits. (i should say here that more than once we have seen residents on the sidewalk babbling incoherently, occasionally smothered in their own filths)
is this what is meant by "the meek shall inherit the earth"?

No comments: