Saturday, January 12, 2008

heights

i'm afraid of heights. have i told you about this? about the feeling i got on the 25th floor of the sony building, 550 madison ave ny, ny, when we went up to meet with the web designers? the feeling of wanting to somehow smash the plate glass window behind me and leap out the hole with my arms and legs bent backwards. the feeling so strong my muscles begin to tighten and i feel my arms and legs bending backwards until i have to slide off the couch and sit on the floor to try to hear what the woman is saying.
there is no front on the woman's desk and she looks at me strangely, rearranging her skirted legs away from me, not that i could or cared to see anything anyway.
back on the 22nd floor, the epic records offices, i'm fine again. i can breathe. my muscles relax. except for the final, lingering effects of adrenaline i am back to my old self.

No comments: